1. Protecting personal information
TAIYO, Co., Ltd. (hereinafter “the company”) believes that the proper handling and protection of personal information are an important societal responsibility. In order to fulfill that responsibility, we shall appropriately handle all personal information in accordance with the following policies.
The company shall observe all laws, regulations, and other standards for protecting personal information. We shall strive to protect our customers’ valuable personal information.
2. Obtaining personal information
The company shall obtain customer personal information through fair and appropriate means, and shall not obtain such information through deceit or other wrongful means.
When viewing or using the website managed by the company, the company shall collect and use the following customer information (or when the equivalent information itself does not conform to “personal information” as it cannot identify a specific individual) for the purpose of operating this website; measuring views or use of this website; information and statistical processing; improving the company’s services; or the execution of the company’s business activities.
Access log information
Access log information (log data) created when a customer views or uses this website will automatically be collected and saved. Contained in the saved/collected log data are information on the IP address of the terminal the customer is using; browser type; operating system; page(s) viewed; page(s) accessed; location; device; search word(s); age; gender; and cookie information. This website will collect and save log data when the customer uses this website or services provided by this website. The collected log data shall be used to operate this website; measure views and use of this website; information and statistical processing; improve this website’s services; and execute the company’s business activities.
Click here for Google Analytics Terms of Service
The company may utilize the services of an advertising partner, a third party distributor, to display ads on various websites you visit based on log data collected.
Online advertising by TAIYO
- We use Google Analytics remarketing to display online ads.
- Third party distributors (including Google) will post the company’s ads on various websites.
- The company and the third party distributor (including Google) combine first party cookies (Google Analytics cookies, etc.) and third party cookies (DoubleClick cookies) to create, optimize, and send ads based on your behavior from past times you have accessed this website.
- The company and the third party distributor (including Google) combine first party cookies (Google Analytics cookies, etc.) and third party cookies (DoubleClick cookies) to research how ad displays, ad services, and other functions; and ad displays and ad services point of contact effect traffic to the company’s website.
- To handle display ads, this website has introduced the following Google Analytics functions.
We shall observe the related policies Google has made obligatory when introducing display ads and setting Google Analytics for handling display ads.
*Google Analytics functions introduced in this website: Remarketing, impression reports related to the Google display network, DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, Google Analytics reports related to user attributes and interest categories, etc.
Users can deactivate display ad tracking from Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, as well as customize Google Display Network ads.
Click here for the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
We use the Google interest base ad data and user log data collected (including age, gender, interests, etc.) after it has been compiled by Google Analytics to improve the company’s services and execute the company’s business activities.
3. Using personal information
The company fairly uses your personal information within the following scope of use.
- To gather user opinions and feedbacks, and provide services that meet user needs
- To respond to customer inquiries and requests for information
- To provide various products in the company’s business and provide aftermarket service
- For business ancillary or related to the company’s business
However, the following scope of usage is excluded
- When the user has given consent
- Based on laws and regulations
- If there is a need to protect human life or property, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the user
- If there is a particular need to improve public health or promote the healthy development of children, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the user
- If cooperation with work stipulated by law by governmental organizations, local authorities, or parties commissioned by such is required, and the execution of said work shall be hindered or risk being hindered by obtaining user consent
4. Managing personal information
In order to properly handle user personal information, the company shall strive to protect personal information by maintaining company regulations and an internal management system; educating its employees; and taking appropriate measures to prevent unauthorized access, damage, tampering, and leakage of personal information, and continually review the above.
5. Disclosing personal information to third parties
The company shall not disclose or provide user personal information to third parties without their prior consent, excluding situations as stipulated by law.
6. Disclosing, revising, and discontinuing use
Should the user wish the company to disclose the personal information of the user, the company shall in principle do so immediately except in situations where disclosure is not obligated by law.
Taiyo, Co., Ltd.
Keisuke Abe, President